Call for Submissions for our Guidebook
Each attendee at Querent receives a guidebook with a list of programming, presenters and the daily schedule. However, our guidebook is so much more than simply a listing of events happening during the conference. The guidebook is beautifully printed in full colour on glossy paper. We accept submissions from the community of essays, articles, stories, photos and artwork to be included in the guidebook. The completed guidebook is more of an annual magazine dedicated to the exploration of queer spirituality.
We are currently accepting submissions for the Querent guidebook. Our guidelines for submissions are as follows:
- We accept short fiction, essays, articles, incense/oil recipes, rituals and other written works related to queer spirituality.
- Submissions should be between 500 and 1500 words in length.
- We only accept electronic format submissions, preferably in Word format.
- Please include how you wish your name to appear in the guidebook.
- Submissions can be previously published as long as you currently own the publishing rights and that their are no restrictions on reprinting the work.
Photography and Artwork
- We also accept photography and artwork related to queer spirituality.
- Submissions should be in electronic format ideally JPG or PSD (photoshop).
- Artwork can be digitally produced or high quality scans or photos of original artwork.
- Photos and artwork should be submitted with a resolution of 300 pixels per inch.
- Artwork should be submitted as large as practical but no larger than 8" x 11". We will resize as needed during the production of the guidebook.
- Include your name as you wish it to appear in your credit.
- Due to the size of files, you may wish to snail mail your submission on a CD or DVD (or contact us and we can arrange for you to FTP your files to us).
Submissions can be sent to email@example.com. Our review process takes some time but all contributors will receive a response in late winter/early spring prior to the guidebook's production.